DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites
 
PortalHomeFAQRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 In which Ryu bitches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryu
Member



PostSubject: In which Ryu bitches   Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:26 pm

/move this if it shouldn't go here

This topic is mostly just a way of letting off some steam over what I consider to be an unjust banning, so if this doesn't even get replied to, I'm fine with that. I guess it does kind of have some opinions on the forum as a whole, but whatever. I apologize for the excessive nerd rage and butt hurt. Just felt good to type.

As you may or may not know/care, I was recently banned for a week. (as seen here).

Here's the reason for the ban:

Seto Stevce wrote:
Ryu, you're on a WL2. Just got bumped up by JP now you do this.

Keep your stupid racist jokes on /b/ yeah?

Enjoy your time off.

And here's my breakdown:

- (Topic in which I am given the WL2) I was informed that Joe had planned to remove my WL2 before this event even happened, but it seems that word of this never made it to the Moderator Shack (or whatever it's called). Not only that, but I shouldn't have ever received the WL2 in the first place. Why?

SAME. EXACT. TOPIC. The only difference is that the creator of the topic was not bumped up a warning level. Shouldn't the judgment of an Admin be greater than that of a Moderator. Thanks Blues for stepping in and saying something like, "I don't, in all my Adminy knowledge, feel this warrants a warning level." Some consistency in moderation would be nice.

- "racist" I think this is what bugged me the most about my banning. I'll say it real clearly: THE PICTURE WAS NOT RACIST. The definition of racism is as follows:

Quote :
The belief that some races are inherently superior to others and therefore have a right to
dominate them.

With this definition in mind, how about we look at my picture IF it really were racist:



But that isn't what my picture was, now is it? No, because I don't believe in that shit. The joke was not racist. It was a joke based-ish (the reason for saying based-ish is beneath Rez's post) on stereotypes. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone on this forum is at least 12 years or older, right? I would hope that at such an age you could hear such a joke and not be stupid about it. I don't think my joke made anyone go the borders and make illegal immigrants play tag with bullets.

Not only that, but what do you accomplish in banning me? "With that devil Ryu gone, no more virgins ears will be tainted with stereotypes!" If that's the line of thinking, you're very wrong. I don't think it needs to be said that you learn stereotypes by 12 easily, seeing as they surround you every day.

And now to my point that involves the whole forum: stop trying to turn the whole forum in the McDonald's Playplace. Seriously, the attitude policy? What a bunch of bull. You obviously shouldn't just go at someone with "THIS SUCKS GTFO AND GO DIE." But trying to make the forum sugarcoat everyone and everything is stupid. If something sucks, I'm going to tell someone that it's no good. Sure, you should give comments to improve, but if something is bad, your post will mostly be negativity. And negativity really isn't bad. When you know what isn't right, you can fix it. But like I said, "YOU SUCK" accomplishes nothing.

I would hope that all of us are mature, but it seems that stereotypical jokes cross the line. That is a very thin line to cross then, if I do say so. If stereotypical jokes are too offensive for this forum. what about profanity? Are we going to stop people from saying fuck? Are we removing BL's signature ("Meh, it can all suck on the nuts of a rusty dildo machine for all we care right now.")? That seems pretty inappropriate. Are we going to remove half the quotes in the Quote Machine? Seriously, where will this all end?

Well, I'm pretty much rambling now, so I'll end here.


Last edited by Ryu on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Similar thing happened to me.


Funny.
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:36 pm

The picture, although I admit it is pretty funny, is rather insulting to illegal aliens. The fact that you made a sprite and picture of mexicans hoppin' the border in a "Sprite an Alien" contest kind of counts as some sort of racism to Mexicans.

Personally, people might/can/will take it the wrong way. You only have yourself to blame on this one, Ryu.

Sorry D:
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
Ryu
Member



PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 pm

The joke isn't even suppose to be about Mexican's specifically, or anything racial at all for that matter, it just happens to be a Mexican. The joke is "HEY SPRITE AN ALIEN FROM OUTERSPACE OH RYU THAT'S THE WRONG KIND OF ALIEN YOU KIDDER YOU."

No one probably does, but remember that topic with the Angry Homo Kid? How some people thought it was being discriminatory against homos, but really it was just something that angered the kid. TC said that anything that angered him would have been used, like Angry French Kid could have been used if it provided the same effect.

That's the case here. I just picked something that worked for the joke. I could have easily picked any other race.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:05 am

I seem to recall when Yung Blaze was saying that his custom and AB's custom look NOTHING like, our very own MasterChefX made an image with the two next to each other, next to an Oozaru, with a text box exclaiming, "THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME!" (or something to that effect)

Now, this seems stereotypical, and/or racist. However, it was met with much applause, and there wasn't even a warning.

EDIT: Found it. My quote was incorrect, not gonna bother changing it.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Member



PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 am

Yahn wrote:
I seem to recall when Yung Blaze was saying that his custom and AB's custom look NOTHING like, our very own MasterChefX made an image with the two next to each other, next to an Oozaru, with a text box exclaiming, "THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME!" (or something to that effect)

Now, this seems stereotypical, and/or racist. However, it was met with much applause, and there wasn't even a warning.

EDIT: Found it. My quote was incorrect, not gonna bother changing it.

I love you.
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:55 am

Ryu wrote:
Yahn wrote:
I seem to recall when Yung Blaze was saying that his custom and AB's custom look NOTHING like, our very own MasterChefX made an image with the two next to each other, next to an Oozaru, with a text box exclaiming, "THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME!" (or something to that effect)

Now, this seems stereotypical, and/or racist. However, it was met with much applause, and there wasn't even a warning.

EDIT: Found it. My quote was incorrect, not gonna bother changing it.

I love you.

Mhm. Yup.

That huwt my fewings.
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:51 am

Ryu wrote:
The joke isn't even suppose to be about Mexican's specifically

"You have to get over here quicker senors" Is what you said Right? Senor is a Spanish word which would indicate your talking about Spanish people, Which would include Mexicans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:10 am

Can any of you actually prove they are Mexican? You can see there backs for all we know they could be albinos.
Back to top Go down
MrChaos
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:01 am

Frostt wrote:
Can any of you actually prove they are Mexican? You can see there backs for all we know they could be albinos.

Clothes =D



... stupid one word posts, I ain't fallin for them!
Back to top Go down
Masterjavi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:31 am

Axxon456 wrote:
Ryu wrote:
The joke isn't even suppose to be about Mexican's specifically

"You have to get over here quicker senors" Is what you said Right? Senor is a Spanish word which would indicate your talking about Spanish people, Which would include Mexicans Very Happy

Just wanna bitch around saying that Spanish does not include Mexicans, most people from South America (Or that's what i think) hates Spain and Spanish people.
Knowing is half the battle -.-
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 am

MrChaos wrote:
Frostt wrote:
Can any of you actually prove they are Mexican? You can see there backs for all we know they could be albinos.

Clothes =D



... stupid one word posts, I ain't fallin for them!

So your saying all mexicans wear those EXACT same clothes?
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Member



PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:37 am

Axxon456 wrote:
Ryu wrote:
The joke isn't even suppose to be about Mexican's specifically

"You have to get over here quicker senors" Is what you said Right? Senor is a Spanish word which would indicate your talking about Spanish people, Which would include Mexicans Very Happy

But like I said, I could have easily done it with any other race. There are illegal Canadian immigrants, so I could have had a picture that said, "You have to get over here quicker, aye!"
Back to top Go down
Blade
Retired Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm apathetic to this whole situation. I don't have anything to say really, as I was not involved with this.

But I have to ask, what do you want out of this topic?

An apology, a verbal war, another ban, some kind 'good job', a 'you're right', or what? I just don't see what your goal was with this topic.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Simetra
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:22 pm

I think he just wanted to prove a point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simetra666.deviantart.com/
Ryu
Member



PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Ryu wrote:


This topic is mostly just a way of letting off some steam over what I consider to be an unjust banning, so if this doesn't even get replied to, I'm fine with that. I guess it does kind of have some opinions on the forum as a whole, but whatever. I apologize for the excessive nerd rage and butt hurt. Just felt good to type.


Another ban? Wha?
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:09 am

tl;dr the whole topic.

I skimmed through your first post. I remember the image saying "senors" with a darker skinned character on one side of the fence screaming to other people.

You said that was your entry, no?

Your entry for 'sprite an alien competition'.

I saw it as a racist image so I banned you because you had recieved a WL2 before that. I don't know if it was a instant WL2 or if it was a build up, but by going on your history you're not exactly Saint Peter around here.

I banned you for 5 days, not a week. A suitable punishment as I saw it since you were blatantly breaking the rules in GC with the Birthday Topic.

And the way you had posted it and the way you spoke in it seemed to me that you obviously didn't give two shits about the rules since you knew you were breaking them.

Maybe if you didn't want to leave this place so much you shouldn't act like a dickhead all the time? (Just my opinion)

I'm happy to keep discussing this with you, so if you do want to just bring it over PM and we'll chat because I would rather just keep this between me and you and keep the bickering away because I know you could argue your point til the cows come home.

_______________________
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Seto Stevce wrote:
Maybe if you didn't want to leave this place so much you shouldn't act like a dickhead all the time? (Just my opinion)

You know I love you Seto, but this could DEFINITELY qualify as flaming.

DON'T DO IT.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:05 am

I do apologise for that remark. I know I could have used better terms and worded it a tad better.

Sorry Ryu if I have offended you in anyway. I don't consider you a dickhead so please don't take that peronally or to heart.

Thanks for pulling me up on that one, Yahn.

_______________________
Back to top Go down
Yung Blaze
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:11 am

if it were up to me i would be a auto permanent ban for raciest remarks to any race... regardless ur position or if it your own race...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Triplezman
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:27 am

I wouldnt go permanant, but put it on WL1 if the said person had no VW or WLs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: In which Ryu bitches   

Back to top Go down
 

In which Ryu bitches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Information Boards :: Staff Notification-