DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites
 
PortalHomeFAQRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Unfair Warning?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:54 am

Hello, well i got WL1 from MCX for supposely flaming, while i didn't flame at all.

He Warned me in this Topic. http://dbzvortex.dbzaddict.com/staff-notification-f9/twit-a-british-slang-word-for-an-insignificant-foolish-or-annoying-person-t3101.htm

I would really like for someone to take it off, Untill MCX actually gets a valid reason to warn me..
Back to top Go down
GigaDon
Member



PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:58 am

Looks like Flaming to me. You shouldnt have got involved in the first place if you didnt want a warning LV1.
Back to top Go down
http://priornova.webs.com/
Dani Boy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:24 am

Well, you compared him to your sister, who accordin to you is a drama queen, cry baby and racist. I'm sorry, but that IS insulting someone.
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:32 am

Insulting isn't flaming, plus Yahn insults people all the time.

Anyway there's 2 possible reasons for this WL

1) What i said about Yahn

2) When i told shin to fuck off.

1A) What i said about Yahn is a insult, not flaming, it wasn't even Near flaming.

2A) If this is the reason for my Warning, seriously you're blind. If you didn't read he started pissing me off. All i said was ''Fuck off shin'' And if this is the reason for my Warning, i really expect a apology.
Back to top Go down
Dani Boy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 am

http://www.techterms.com/definition/flaming

"Flaming is the act of posting or sending offensive messages over the Internet"

You see, flaming bassicly IS insulting someone.

Now, the subject of Yahn flaming people is kinda irrelvant since this topic is about you. Not about him. But I'll let a mod take it from here.
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:16 am

Most it was flaming, imo.
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:32 am

Shin Masta wrote:
Most it was flaming, imo.

>___________> Get out of my Topic please? And i don't really care about you're oppinion

Dani, my message wasn't offensive. All of the things i said about Yahn, were facts. It wasn't even directed towards him.

Flaming and Insulting are two different things. Flaming is just a really out-of-the hand insult. mine wasn't even that bad.

Drama queen Cry baby and Racist is what he is.. Well The racist thing went kinda to far, but still, he is what he is. I'm just stating the obvious.
Back to top Go down
Dani Boy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 am

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
Shin Masta wrote:
Most it was flaming, imo.

Dani, my message wasn't offensive. All of the things i said about Yahn, were facts. It wasn't even directed towards him.


You sure have humour. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 am

I know that already >_>
Back to top Go down
GigaDon
Member



PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:36 am

Heres an idea, why dont we let a Mod decide so this doesnt turn into a Flame war, how bout that.
Back to top Go down
http://priornova.webs.com/
Dani Boy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:36 am

GigaDon wrote:
Heres an idea, why dont we let a Mod decide so this doesnt turn into a Flame war, how bout that.

No, fuck you, you piece of shit















Crosseyehappy
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:37 am

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
Shin Masta wrote:
Most it was flaming, imo.

>___________> Get out of my Topic please? And i don't really care about you're oppinion

Dani, my message wasn't offensive. All of the things i said about Yahn, were facts. It wasn't even directed towards him.

Flaming and Insulting are two different things. Flaming is just a really out-of-the hand insult. mine wasn't even that bad.

Drama queen Cry baby and Racist is what he is.. Well The racist thing went kinda to far, but still, he is what he is. I'm just stating the obvious.

That's flaming.
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:38 am

no, you're flaming. That's Insulting.
Back to top Go down
GigaDon
Member



PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 am

Hey, Im just trying to keep the peace, and that didnt offend me in the least, so a good idea for you would be to find a better insult Laughing , one that doesnt suck outloud.
Back to top Go down
http://priornova.webs.com/
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:40 am

Lol starting this post please don't post unless you're a mod

kthnxbai
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:41 am

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
no, you're flaming. That's Insulting.


No, that was flaming.
Back to top Go down
Dani Boy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:41 am

GigaDon wrote:
Hey, Im just trying to keep the peace, and that didnt offend me in the least, so a good idea for you would be to find a better insult Laughing , one that doesnt suck outloud.

Heh, I don't know if you were joking with this post or that you didn't get my joke Very Happy . I also didn't know you could measure insults :)
Back to top Go down
GigaDon
Member



PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:12 am

Dani Boy wrote:
GigaDon wrote:
Hey, Im just trying to keep the peace, and that didnt offend me in the least, so a good idea for you would be to find a better insult Laughing , one that doesnt suck outloud.

Heh, I don't know if you were joking with this post or that you didn't get my joke Very Happy . I also didn't know you could measure insults :)
I was joking, Im not that cruel. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://priornova.webs.com/
Dani Boy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am

GigaDon wrote:
Dani Boy wrote:
GigaDon wrote:
Hey, Im just trying to keep the peace, and that didnt offend me in the least, so a good idea for you would be to find a better insult Laughing , one that doesnt suck outloud.

Heh, I don't know if you were joking with this post or that you didn't get my joke Very Happy . I also didn't know you could measure insults :)
I was joking, Im not that cruel. Very Happy

Hah, alright. Hee
Back to top Go down
TardyClock
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 am

Dani Boy wrote:
GigaDon wrote:
Hey, Im just trying to keep the peace, and that didnt offend me in the least, so a good idea for you would be to find a better insult Laughing , one that doesnt suck outloud.

Heh, I don't know if you were joking with this post or that you didn't get my joke Very Happy . I also didn't know you could measure insults :)
Pfft, everyone knows insults are quanitifiable.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 am

"Insulting isn't flaming, plus Yahn insults people all the time."

Congrats, you almost beat the world record for: So Many Things Wrong In One Sentence! [Run-ons not included]

First of all, insulting IS flaming. WIKIPEDIA TIME!

"Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users."

Also, studies have been trying to identify why people flame. You most likely fall into one of these catergories.

  • Some forms of flaming can be attributed to deeper social or psychological weaknesses, probably from lack of exposure to a broader spectrum of disciplines that result in self-control issues.
  • Those guilty of flaming may justify it as getting even for having had their feelings hurt initially, so they see it as doing justice by inflicting serious emotional distress on another.
  • Some flaming may be done with no stronger motive than to get a reaction from the target of the flame, or for the feeling of power or moral freedom of causing emotional distress to another."


WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!

Secondly, saying that I insult people all the time isn't a basis for anything, seeing as I have Warning Level 1 as well, the warning you're trying to get removed for doing what I apparently do all the time. LOGIC!
Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:31 am

^ The Unthinkable has Thunk ^

Thats all i have to say, anyone who can debate something so clearly obvious doesnt deserve my ass chewing to them, so ill leave it to Ricky, Sam and Sandy.

Shine on you crazy kids.
Back to top Go down
GigaDon
Member



PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:41 am

From Wikipedia, and I quote.

Quote :
Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or even through e-mail. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. In some cases, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.

Some equate flaming with simply letting off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased. Similarly, a normal, non-flame message may have elements of a flame—it may be hostile, for example—but it is not a flame if its author seriously intends to advance the discussion. The word "flaming" is also sometimes used for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.
Although the trading of insults is as old as human speech, flaming on the Internet, like many other online 'actions,' started in the Usenet hierarchies (although it was known to occur in the WWIVnet and FidoNet computer networks as well). Recently, several online forums have actively encouraged flaming amongst fellow posters.

Not that anyone will listen to me. I just like getting involved. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://priornova.webs.com/
Yahn
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:58 am

GigaDon wrote:
From Wikipedia, and I quote.

Quote :
Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or even through e-mail. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. In some cases, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.

Some equate flaming with simply letting off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased. Similarly, a normal, non-flame message may have elements of a flame—it may be hostile, for example—but it is not a flame if its author seriously intends to advance the discussion. The word "flaming" is also sometimes used for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.
Although the trading of insults is as old as human speech, flaming on the Internet, like many other online 'actions,' started in the Usenet hierarchies (although it was known to occur in the WWIVnet and FidoNet computer networks as well). Recently, several online forums have actively encouraged flaming amongst fellow posters.

Not that anyone will listen to me. I just like getting involved. :D

Way to copy what I said.
Back to top Go down
GigaDon
Member



PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Meh, I just copied it from Wikipedia, its got more on it that I just thought I would put up.
Back to top Go down
http://priornova.webs.com/
Axxon456
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 pm

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
Insulting isn't flaming, plus Yahn insults people all the time.

Anyway there's 2 possible reasons for this WL

1) What i said about Yahn

2) When i told shin to fuck off.

1A) What i said about Yahn is a insult, not flaming, it wasn't even Near flaming.

2A) If this is the reason for my Warning, seriously you're blind. If you didn't read he started pissing me off. All i said was ''Fuck off shin'' And if this is the reason for my Warning, i really expect a apology.

Why Would you Answer your own Question Then give 2 dum reason why there dum O.o
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:53 pm

@WWW?: Pointless reply is pointless.

@Yahn: Lol Proof that wikipedia isn't always right, i am not one of the things you just mentioned.

Quote :
"Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users."


My insult never was hostile/ment to be hostile. If you couldn't see i was making a joke back there you're officially retarded.

Quote :
Secondly, saying that I insult people all the
time isn't a basis for anything, seeing as I have Warning Level 1 as
well, the warning you're trying to get removed for doing what I
apparently do all the time. LOGIC!

Yes, because you actually DO IT ALL THE TIME. I insulted someone and there's a WL1. You Insult people all the time[mostly with sarcasm] And you get a WL1. Even if this was a flame, it wouldn't be really fair towards me. Or am i being stupid now?

@Axxon: What the hell are you doing in mah topic ._. i tought you left. if you're back, then welcome back. And my reasons aren't dumb.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 pm

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
Quote :
"Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users."


My insult never was hostile/ment to be hostile. If you couldn't see i was making a joke back there you're officially retarded.

Calling me officially retarded seems hostile.
Back to top Go down
Dani Boy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:56 pm

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
My insult never was hostile/ment to be hostile. If you couldn't see i was making a joke back there you're officially retarded.

Actually, all the things that were listed by Yahn were all subconscious psychological distortions of which you would probaly not be aware of as you would interpret it as normal and thus not take notice of the flaw(within your mind).

And even IF you were aware. You would deny it to yourself because of inner fear of facing inner scars.
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:08 pm

YOU STILL INSULTED SOMEONE HOW IS THAT GOOD IN ANYWAY! Srsly, how fucking stupid are you? "Hurr Hurr I DUNT FLAME HIM I INSULT" Even now you are flaming someone, oops I mean insulting.



I don't care this was totally worth a warning.
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14 pm

lol i really wonder why people never post in Normal topics but everyone posts here. Seriously Didier, i don't care what you say >_>
Back to top Go down
Adam016
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 pm

but Didier is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
TardyClock
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 pm

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
lol i really wonder why people never post in Normal topics but everyone posts here. Seriously Didier, i don't care what you say >_>
Which is a shame considering how right he is. Every single person in this thread disagrees with you, hell I bet you couldn't find a single impartial person on the internet who wouldn't disagree with you.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 pm

I am sick of this thread and everyone bitching, you got warned for flaming. GOT IT!

.: Topic Locked :.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Unfair Warning?   

Back to top Go down
 

Unfair Warning?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Are Tokens Afflicted by Solemn Warning?
» Machine Emperor vs Solemn Judgement/Warning
» Solemn Warning vs Delta Crow
» GB VS Warning
» Article #4 [Solemn Judgment and Solemn Warning]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Information Boards :: Staff Notification-