DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeFAQRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FlukeBreaker
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:38 am

Cleaning up some documents on my hard-drive, I remembered something. I popularized the term "one-shot" for describing sprites here. Don't know if that term is still getting used or not, but I specifically remember that being my sort of "forced meme." Only not a meme at all. I just wrote things like "Hey man, looks great. Are you planning to make a sheet, or is this a one-shot?" And eventually, it caught on.

Not saying I invented the term. Apparently, it comes from comic books, as a quick Google searched just revealed to me. But as far as I knew, I introduced, and then repeatedly reintroduced the word to Vortex.

I AM LEGEND!
Back to top Go down
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:13 am

You.......... are............GAWD!!!!

Yes, that term is still used just as much as ever. It's a big word in my personal dictionary since I'm forever incapable of making anything more than a "one-shot" of a character rather than a whole sheet.

Are you to blame? Maybe. Will you burn in hell forever for putting this curse on me? Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Yung Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 am

i got the term from DA ages ago XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:21 am

Sorry Fluke, but I got it from comic books.

PostSubject: Re: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:51 am

And apparently Fluke has spoken XD

Nice to see ya back, man. It's been a while since we've seen your past work. I've been trying to find it to no avail D:
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
FlukeBreaker
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Luka, I got a kick out of your avatar. Dolan is among my favorite memes right now.

Lorenzo, good luck man. I haven't done anything in years. Ha ha. I've just got a few things rotting on my hard drive that I've considered posting, but I'm always too lazy.
Back to top Go down
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:04 pm

FlukeBreaker wrote:
Luka, I got a kick out of your avatar. Dolan is among my favorite memes right now.

Dude, same.

Dolan, and the "Oh, you" memes

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.   

Back to top Go down

Fluke came back around . . . just to brag.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1