DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites
 
PortalHomeFAQRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Too many editors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorezno
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 am

Wow, there's like eight to ten editors, half of them don't even post much of anything. What gives?

I guess they just let anyone be an editor these days

Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
Marche_Stradust
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 am

Editing is life bud if you haven't noticed we just mostly deal with what we can find
Back to top Go down
Onis
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 10:32 am

Marche_Stradust wrote:
Editing is life bud if you haven't noticed we just mostly deal with what we can find
I think you're talking about sprite edits.

He's not.


And I agree. Too many editors, too little doing much stuff. And the ones that are are jus delvig into their own stories and articles of their own interest instead of community-based articles.

_______________________

Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Tails
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 12:37 pm

If you must know, it's because of life that they can't do much, much like the entire board. I can give you everyone's exact reason if you really need it, but it's all justified.

_______________________

I am Hinatails x3
Join the Vortex Editors.
Just send in an application, found here, to me.

Brawl Friend Code: 4210-3756-9838
Feel like RPing, FreeRPG Here:)

Back to top Go down
http://razux.weebly.com/index.html
L. Cole
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Except for one member Miles.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
Blues Light
Administrator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Still, with all due respect to the individual editors, when we get more articles of personal interest rather than things that interest the community at large, no one really cares.

We can appreciate the effort and the passion of the editor, but it doesn't really spark genuine interest for the readers.








There are also 9 people on the Editors team, more than anything else. It does seem unnecessary.
Just saiyan.

_______________________
What small posting I do anymore is usually made via iPhone, so bare with me if you are expecting a reply.

Back to top Go down
Marche_Stradust
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Do you wanna start advertising? that would be the main solution.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Not worth advertising a forum that has no activity among its already existing members. I mean really, what are we gonna tell people? "Come to DBZ Vortex and...?"

_______________________
What small posting I do anymore is usually made via iPhone, so bare with me if you are expecting a reply.

Back to top Go down
Luka
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Blues Light wrote:
Not worth advertising a forum that has no activity among its already existing members. I mean really, what are we gonna tell people? "Come to DBZ Vortex and...?"

Did this thread really turn into another what-can-we-do-to-raise-activity threads? Because there's been so many of those and still I see lurkers everywhere. I was bitching about this in the chatbox yesterday, people really are just cancer'ing this place.
Back to top Go down
L. Cole
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Luka wrote:
Blues Light wrote:
Not worth advertising a forum that has no activity among its already existing members. I mean really, what are we gonna tell people? "Come to DBZ Vortex and...?"

Did this thread really turn into another what-can-we-do-to-raise-activity threads? Because there's been so many of those and still I see lurkers everywhere. I was bitching about this in the chatbox yesterday, people really are just cancer'ing this place.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
Blues Light
Administrator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 pm

L. Cole wrote:
Luka wrote:
Blues Light wrote:
Not worth advertising a forum that has no activity among its already existing members. I mean really, what are we gonna tell people? "Come to DBZ Vortex and...?"

Did this thread really turn into another what-can-we-do-to-raise-activity threads? Because there's been so many of those and still I see lurkers everywhere. I was bitching about this in the chatbox yesterday, people really are just cancer'ing this place.

I agree.

It turned into an "Advertising is pointless if nothing happens here" thread, and you can thank Sneshy's oblivious posting for that. I'm leaving this to the members, I'm done pouring my heart and soul into this place for nothing.

On the subject of too many editors: produce more stuff or downsize.

_______________________
What small posting I do anymore is usually made via iPhone, so bare with me if you are expecting a reply.

Back to top Go down
Yung Blaze
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 9:18 pm

you guys should go in rotation everyone make 1 thing in a week after 1 person post someone post the next day and so on, you have 8 people so you have 7 days to prepare it witch will make for a constant work flow
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Tails
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 10:30 pm

I was about to ask where you guys are getting those numbers, but now I see.

Blaze, that would work wonderfully if we actually had 8 active members.

We have six, and only three are able to produce articles.

_______________________

I am Hinatails x3
Join the Vortex Editors.
Just send in an application, found here, to me.

Brawl Friend Code: 4210-3756-9838
Feel like RPing, FreeRPG Here:)

Back to top Go down
http://razux.weebly.com/index.html
Luka
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Blues Light wrote:
L. Cole wrote:
Luka wrote:
Blues Light wrote:
Not worth advertising a forum that has no activity among its already existing members. I mean really, what are we gonna tell people? "Come to DBZ Vortex and...?"

Did this thread really turn into another what-can-we-do-to-raise-activity threads? Because there's been so many of those and still I see lurkers everywhere. I was bitching about this in the chatbox yesterday, people really are just cancer'ing this place.

I agree.

It turned into an "Advertising is pointless if nothing happens here" thread, and you can thank Sneshy's oblivious posting for that. I'm leaving this to the members, I'm done pouring my heart and soul into this place for nothing.

On the subject of too many editors: produce more stuff or downsize.

I agree, I still come here every day and post. I'm as active as I ever have been, and I just don't see anyone around anymore. Don't get it. Sucks.
Back to top Go down
Gokuatruehero
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Some of the editors have been very busy I think, like me. My reason is school starts tomorrow and I have been busy the past days enrolling.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Gokuatruehero wrote:
Some of the editors have been very busy I think, like me. My reason is school starts tomorrow and I have been busy the past days enrolling.

But what exactly does busy mean? I'm not pointing fingers, but I'll bet that everyone that is too busy to say what's up in Vortex still finds the time to check their e-mails, facebooks, twitters, what have you. But noooo, no love for Vortex.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Luka wrote:
Gokuatruehero wrote:
Some of the editors have been very busy I think, like me. My reason is school starts tomorrow and I have been busy the past days enrolling.

But what exactly does busy mean? I'm not pointing fingers, but I'll bet that everyone that is too busy to say what's up in Vortex still finds the time to check their e-mails, facebooks, twitters, what have you. But noooo, no love for Vortex.
I don't have a Facebook or Twitter so my addiction is Vortex. I use this place for procrastination and everything. It's not like it's died. We're surpringly getting more members and everything. So, yeah Vortex gets love.

giggle

_______________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Yung Blaze
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Tails wrote:
I was about to ask where you guys are getting those numbers, but now I see.

Blaze, that would work wonderfully if we actually had 8 active members.

We have six, and only three are able to produce articles.
when my comment was made there was 8 onis and seto were in there
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Tails
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Well Onis and Seto didn't really count. Seto's been missing for the longest time, and Onis was for something else. Not even sure why I added him in hindsight.

_______________________

I am Hinatails x3
Join the Vortex Editors.
Just send in an application, found here, to me.

Brawl Friend Code: 4210-3756-9838
Feel like RPing, FreeRPG Here:)

Back to top Go down
http://razux.weebly.com/index.html
beastboybrown
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Sun May 20, 2012 9:18 am

Lorezno wrote:
Wow, there's like eight to ten editors, half of them don't even post much of anything. What gives?

I guess they just let anyone be an editor these days


I still like how he says this after I become an editor.... this make me laugh XD

Afrolicious wrote:
Luka wrote:
Gokuatruehero wrote:
Some of the editors have been very busy I think, like me. My reason is school starts tomorrow and I have been busy the past days enrolling.

But what exactly does busy mean? I'm not pointing fingers, but I'll bet that everyone that is too busy to say what's up in Vortex still finds the time to check their e-mails, facebooks, twitters, what have you. But noooo, no love for Vortex.
I don't have a Facebook or Twitter so my addiction is Vortex. I use this place for procrastination and everything. It's not like it's died. We're surpringly getting more members and everything. So, yeah Vortex gets love.

giggle

I actually am the same basically. I don't go on twitter and almost never get on FB. I am here daily though I am also on my email daily as well and even though I have a new job at a recycling plant, I have been moving, and I still have school. So I am basically getting myself pinned and even with all of that I was planning on working on criminal stories and hoping on helping with the possible future of the RPG. I have been offering to help for months to take care of it or just be a general helper to it but it never seems to happens. So basically I have been trying to edit the site even before I became an editor.... which was recently removed cause of this topic which was made by a guy who hates my guts. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Mon May 21, 2012 12:44 am

@B3 - Wait, you were an editor? Funny, your contributions never really panned out much, if there were any at all XD. And I wouldn't get the wrong idea about me hating your guts - I don't like you, I admit, but hate you? Nah, you're not even worth it. Cool

As for that aside, I was really just wanting a simple explaination as to what kind of coke was being blown when people were given editor jobs and don't even editorialize or anything. I didn't expect my topic to end up like this XD



Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
Tails
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Mon May 21, 2012 12:46 am

Well Rez, the answer is that they get busy. Everyone under the editor name has released at least one article.

_______________________

I am Hinatails x3
Join the Vortex Editors.
Just send in an application, found here, to me.

Brawl Friend Code: 4210-3756-9838
Feel like RPing, FreeRPG Here:)

Back to top Go down
http://razux.weebly.com/index.html
Luka
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Mon May 21, 2012 2:11 am

What ever happened to my interview strife
WTF
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Lorezno wrote:
@B3 - Wait, you were an editor? Funny, your contributions never really panned out much, if there were any at all XD. And I wouldn't get the wrong idea about me hating your guts - I don't like you, I admit, but hate you? Nah, you're not even worth it. Cool

Still should I go down though the list that proves you hate me? Shall we? lets start with the most known thing from RPG to RPG you have tried to get me in trouble from stuff like *trying* to fight with a broken arm to pushing people with my power level to even taking a piss. Then there is the time you banned me from the site. There was the time completely and utterly disrespected my friend. Should I go on? I don't get why you started to dislike me from the start but if your gonna try to bring the hate on me then I am ready to fight to protect myself.

Lorezno wrote:

As for that aside, I was really just wanting a simple explaination as to what kind of coke was being blown when people were given editor jobs and don't even editorialize or anything.
And as Tails said basically it all. I was the only one that never maid 1 article yet which was because I just joined the editor team 1 day before you maid this topic. Which from what a LOT of people have seen I try to help the site all I can all the time. I try to stick by the rules and do everything I can to be nice. But there is always that one little prick in your side that makes it harder and harder to do that.

Lorezno wrote:

I didn't expect my topic to end up like this XD
Only thing I am gonna say here is BULLSHIT! I saw from a mile away that this was gonna happen. I will say that I dislike the things you do towards people but I will not say that you are stupid. And with that said I must say only a stupid person did not see this coming from a topic like this.
Back to top Go down
L. Cole
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Mon May 21, 2012 4:08 pm

B3. Calm down, my nigga. Learn to ignore people, bro.

Can this topic be locked? This shit turned from a simple question to a venting topic.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
Afrolicious
Moderator
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

L. Cole wrote:
B3. Calm down, my nigga. Learn to ignore people, bro.

Can this topic be locked? This shit turned from a simple question to a venting topic.
That made me lol.

::Locked::

_______________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Too many editors   

Back to top Go down
 

Too many editors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Vote for Published Authors in Editors & Preditors Poll
» Preditors & Editors Readers' Poll -- please vote
» Agents & Editors Black list
» The Evil Editor and The Bad Editor
» Does the last implies that naruto love hinata before the movie?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Information Boards :: Questions & Suggestions-