DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeFAQRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Immortal Rebirth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TardyClock

PostSubject: Immortal Rebirth   Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 pm

The city streets were bustling.
They always are in West City.
That seemed to be one of the constants he had come across, if ever there's a West City it's a hive of activity no matter what time of day or what time of year. There's always something happening, something to buy, something to sell, someone to meet and so very very full of life. It was usually where he could make his home, sometimes he yearned for seclusion amongst the mountains or deep in a forest... sometimes he ended up in a world where that was all there was. He remembered once he appeared in a burnt out wasteland, a desert strewn with the debris of war or some great disaster... that might have been the worst one, there were no people, no animals and no trees, nothing. He appeared in a wasteland of despair and just waited to die of dehydration, it wasn't something he liked to think about but every time he died it loomed in his memory as if to remind him that he could well end up there again... or somewhere worse.

In an abandoned warehouse in one of the underdeveloped industrial districts of West City, something strange was happening. There was a point of light, infinitely small but blindingly bright slowly descending to the floor. It halted an inch from the floor before dropping the rest of the way and exploding in a vast nova of energy that consumed the warehouse. There was no noise however, just a sudden wave of opressive silence that chased away all sound in the city for a brief moment. The warehouse was annihilated, torn apart by energy so intense it could be felt for hundreds of miles around.

In it's place there lay a man dressed in an odd collection of saiyan style armour and long cloth, staring up at the sky through pupil-less eyes. He looked to his left, seeing nothing in particular and looked to his right seeing a battered katana. He sighed again before looking up at the sky, he could remember his death vividly but he knew that the memory would quickly fade like a dream into the vast sea of memories.

This was life 48,001.

He wondered how it would turn out.

Word Count: 381
Total Word Count: 381
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Reiji had just left his apartment complex and headed into the city. He was out to get some groceries for him and his girlfriend. They had moved here about a year ago and the chosen of darkness was starting to get to know his way around. As he was walking, he noticed and alleyway to his left. It seemed like a shortcut to him as if would cut straight across to the street he needed to get to.

As he walked, he noticed an old torn factory to his left. He ignored it and moved on. Suddenly, the damned thing exploded in a bright light. Looking back, Reiji saw nothing left of the warehouse. Lying on the ground was a man dressed in saiyan armor.

The chosen of darkness called out to the man, “Hey buddy, you dead?”

WC: 138
TWC: 519
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Ritsuke took a few seconds to react, the reincarnation process was a disorienting one that often left him a little out of it immediately afterwards. He took a deep breath and then staggered to his feet, clutching his sword. "Okay, surroundings, lets take in the surroundings first... we're in a crater... that's normal and we're surrounded by... warehouses. Okay so we're post industrial, that's good news, it's been centuries since I had a decent shower. There's people as well, or at least one person... he's talking to us. We should probably respond,"/

Ritsuke spoke suddenly in the voice of someone with a hangover that could knockout an Ox, another distincting trait about his voice was that it seemed to be two people talking in tandem. "Eugh, no I'm not dead... not here anyway. Where am I? When am I? Is this Earth?" he looked up at one who had talked to him, wondering who this person was. Whoever they were they seemed decent enough not to just walk buy without checking whether or not eh strange looking man at the bottom of this crater was dead,

WC: 188
TWC: 707
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Reiji didn’t know exactly how to respond. “You’re on earth, more specifically West City. It’s currently 1274 AD.” He said. This man was obviously a saiyan, judging by his armor. This man also seemed to have trouble with time, is some fashion. It could be time travel, or he could be immortal. Reiji was sure to keep his guard up, from what he knew from Blizzard about saiyains, they were a very violent people who are merciless.

“Anymore questions? If not, I’d suggest we move from this place. The explosion of light and crater are sure to draw a crowd.” Reiji stated.

WC: 100
TWC: 807
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Ritsuke's face lit up as the man in front of him mentioned West City, the date was almost perfect as well. He was back here again, in a familiar time and place... of course it was different to all the others at the same time, he traveled between universes, not just time and space. This place though, this place always seemed to draw him back in and it was this place where all the excitement happened, the alien invasions and the dark wizards, battling against unending hordes of demons from the otherworld and meeting great warriors. He took a closer look at the good samaritan and tried to get a feel for him. The man was strong, not incredibly but well beyond what most humans ever achieve... good, these sorts of people were often the ones most used to his strangeness.

"That's all... other than a request for some charity. I seem to have arrived with neither money, food nor lodgings. I don't suppose you could give a strange looking man with a sword somewhere to sleep and food to eat for a night?"

Word Count: 183
Total Word Count: 990
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:03 pm

‘Hmm, Reiji thought. I don’t have any room back at the apartment and Fyuria probably wouldn’t want a stranger in the same roof as us.’ He looked up to the man. “Well, I can treat you to a meal. Money is tight right now, so the lodging thing we will have to take care of in some other fashion. My place… doesn’t have any more room.” He said

He turned and started walking off, beckoning the saiyan man to follow him. He pulled out his cell phone out of his pocket and opened a new message.

To: Fyuria
Message: Going to be home late, met some… guy who seems a bit strange. He’s wearing a piece of saiyan armor; I’m going to see what I can find out about him.

He sent the text and put away his cell phone.

WC: 140
TWC: 1130
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Ritsuke smiles amiably at the man, he had fully expected to be turned down awkwardly with some excuse about how he had somewhere to be or they had no money on him. He made a mental note of this man as a potential ally.

"Thank you, a meal will be fine even if you don't have room to spare. Your charity is appreciated," Ritsuke reaches out with a white gloved hand, "I am Ritsuke, and I am in your debt,"

WC: 73 - TWC: 1203
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Reiji reached out and shook the saiyan’s hand. “Reiji.” He stated. He motioned for the man to follow him as he turned and walked out of the secluded area. “C’mon, I know a good restaurant that’s pretty cheap too.” He said. Suddenly, Reiji’s phone vibrated in his pocket. He whipped it out and looked at the screen.

Not again. Make sure to bring milk when you get him, then!

He quickly went to type a new message.

To: Fyuria

He sent the message and slipped the phone in his pocket. He stopped right infront of the restaurant. “We’re here.” He said. He pointed to the restaurant’s sign. It read ‘Restauranté”

“This place has some foreign food from somewhere I don’t know about.” He joked.

WC: 133
TWC: 1336
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:55 pm

There's an old joke that goes something along the lines of, "Why did the hipster burn his tongue?" "Gee, why?!" "Because he tried eating his food before it was cool!" Then, everyone within earshot bursts into laughter and the women throw their bras at whoever made the joke, and the comedian feels great about himself. Sparky, however, was eating some sort of French muffin...or was it Italian? Do they even have muffins in Italy? Who knows. I'm sure the Italians do. Hopefully there wasn't an Italian mindreader in the "Restauranté." Regardless, he was minding his own business, sitting on his steel drumsticks and eating a muffin in an overrated restaurant.

Matt looked outside, and saw what looked almost like a samurai and a pimp outside. He was intrigued. Pausing Wavves on his iPod, he leaned forward, and kept his ears ready to perform some handy eavesdropping.

WC: 147
TWC: 1483
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Ritsuke looked at the restaurant, vague memories flooded the front of his mind of restaurants like this one on this very street. A beautiful woman sits across from him and laughs as he tells a bad joke, a friend tells him about work whilst nibbling idly on a bread stick... he also got the faintest memory of dueling someone on top of a table here with a salad fork. He smiled wistfully, "This place does great pizza... usually, sometimes the pizza is terrible but usually it's top notch,"

He walked in, no doubt getting an awful lot of strange looks at his outfit before sitting down at a free table, "I'm sorry, all this attention must be awkward for you,"

WC: 119
TWC: 1602
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:12 pm

"Hey! Nice armor!" Usually when someone shouts something across a cafe, especially a "Hey! Nice _____!", it seems sarcastic and rude. He wasn't trying to be rude.

He's just like that.

WC: 30
TWC: 1632
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Ritsuke, still a little groggy from having his souls thrust through the space between spaces and into a new dimension before exploding violently into a warehouse didn't think that it might be sarcastic. In an attempt to be friendly he simply waved and shouted, "Thanks... I like your... shoes!"

WC: 49 - TWC: 1671
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:34 pm

He was taken aback. "Wait..." Sparky thought to himself. "What I said sounded sarcastic... but I wasn't being sarcastic... what if he thought I was... then he'd be sarcastic... HE MUST BE BEING SARCASTIC!" Angered, Matt wrapped his headphones around his iPod, shoved the device in his pocket, and got up. He slowly but confidently strolled over to the warrior, getting within a foot of the man.

"Is that sarcasm I hear in your voice?"

WC: 79 - TWC: 1750
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:41 pm

Ritsuke was about to apologize, in fact his brain had already formed the words that were speeding their way down to his mouth but unfortunately they were interrupted. As his body slowly got itself into order the agression in this young man triggered something in Ritsuke's mind. His saiyan blood, without warning and without anything any reasonable person could call provocation, boiled and adrenaline surged through his body. Two distinctive voices spent an infinitely small amount of time arguing inside his mind.

"I need to hit something, I don't care what and this stupid looking kid looks strong enough to take it,"

"Look, you do this every time we reincarnate and it always gets us in trouble, couldn't you just take out your frustrations on a chair or something?

"No! I need combat! I need to fight something and it needs to fight back!"

"Fine. But if we lose out on our meal then I'm not listening to you again tonight,"

"Worth it!"

Ritsuke's expression changed suddenly and he lept to his feet, staring this guy straight in the eye, "And what if it was? Going to do something about it bitch?"

WC: 186 - TWC: 1986
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Matt's stone cold expression suddenly shifted to a slightly scared look, although he was trying his best to remain confident in the face of danger. His eyes shook slightly, scanning the scars, the armor, the sword, the cape...oh god, especially the cape. Who wears a cape unless they're serious business? Aside from cosplayers and people who think they're superheroes. Maybe he's cosplaying as someone who thinks he's a superhero?

"He has a sword! He'll kill me! He's going to cut right through me and murder me!" Sparky panicked internally, while keeping a [somewhat] confident face on the outside. "Well...then we're going to have a bit of a problem." Matt took a step forward, close enough for Ritsuke to smell the sub-par muffin that he just ate.

WC: 134 - TWC: 2120
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:11 am

Ritsuke glanced between Matt and the sword, following Matt's own gaze. Notcing how Matt's eyes lingered on it slightly longer than everything else and how his expression changed afterwards he grabbed from the sash round his waist and placed it against the chair, "Oh don't worry, I plan on kicking your ass without a sword... come to think of it," Ritsuke reached behind his back and unclipped the latches on his armour which detatches from his body and joins his sword against the chair.

"Now, about that problem we're having. I plan on solving it by punching you in the face a whole bunch. You're going to solve it by trying to do the same to me... or you could run away you sissy little hipster,"

WC: 125 - TWC: 2245
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 am

The entire room had gone silent at this point, as it's not too often that armoured swordsmen with spikey hair yell that they're going to punch a hipster in the face repeatedly, especially over such a slight misunderstanding. It was quite a sight to see.

Matt, not knowing how to back out of a fight, stared at Ritsuke for a few more moments, trying to figure out exactly what to do. He suddenly dropped his gaze right for the Saiyan's midsection, before suddenly jumping with a spinkick aimed for the face...!

WC: 91 - TWC: 2336
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:26 am

Ritsuke followed Matt's gaze as it dropped to his midsection, "Psh, amature. He's completely given away his attack, he's almost certainly going to go for a punch to the gut to lower my jaw before following with a strike to the face. Textboo-" Ritsuke's thought process was interrupted as his eyes told his brain to kindly shut the fuck up and react to the thing that was happening, the thing that was not him being punched in the midsection which his arms were already unstoppably moving towards as a reflex.

The roundhouse kick struck Ritsuke right across the jaw and sent him reeling backwards, almost knocking him right off his feet. His brain was full of complete and utter confusion as exactly what he didn't expect to happen did. At this point Ritsuke's saiyan blood pretty much ignited, his foe was much better than he'd expected... glorious. Ritsuke regained his posture and dropped into a fighting stance, this guy wasn't just brawling material, he was a fighter... or at least he had the makings of one.

He needed to test this guy's reflexes, rushing forwards Ritsuke let loose a straight right punch aimed for the face. If it landed he'd follow up with a hook from the left, if not then he was ready to take the counter attack.

WC: 218 - TWC: 2554
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:16 am

If Sparky had vision problems, his glasses breaking in half and flying off his face would have hindered his ability to fight, but luckily, he was instead just a hipster with a ridiculous set of eyewear. Still, his trademark look was now gone, all because of some silly misunderstanding.

The second punch sent the already disoriented hipster flying across the cafe, toppling on top of a table where an elderly couple were eating. Arnold Watson and Angie Watson hadn't noticed the brawl going on, but in their defense, they don't really notice much of anything anymore. Arnold's dentures fell out in shock, as Angie nearly fainted as the man fell over their muffin. After getting hit in the nose, he had a minor nosebleed, and his eyes were watering. "Oh come on, I can't even look cool in my own fight?" Matt slowly stood up, pressing on his knees for support. He was hurting a bit, but he was far from out. The wooden table to the spine hurt more than the punches. Sparky jumped into a sort of hopping fighting stance that you'd see in a martial arts film or a fighting video game, in fact, that's exactly where he got the idea.

He switched his dominant side from right to left, and then jumped again, throwing his right leg in front again. Then, for but a split second, Matt was gone. Then, a blink later, Matt was behind Ritsuke, ready to strike. He had pulled the steel drumsticks out of his back pocket, and was pulled them horizontally, aiming to squeeze the sides of his opponent's throat between the two weapons.

WC: 275 - TWC: 2829
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:25 am

While the two went after it, Reiji had taken a seat in the far corner of the restaurant in a booth. He was eating some sort of Italian pasta; it was always foreign to him. He observed the two’s fighting styles. Though Reiji had lost most of his great powers, he still had the experience he had gained from his numerous battles. He watched as the hipster had faked out the saiyan warrior and how the saiyan countered with a right straight to the face.

‘Hm, not bad.’ He thought to himself. ‘Though I would have recommended leading off with a double jab before the heavy punches, but it worked all the same.” The chosen of darkness finished his meal and had asked for the check from the dumbfounded waiter.

WC: 130
TWC: 2959
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:48 am

Ritsuke reacted the moment he saw his enemy disappear, this only ever meant one of three things. The first was that the opponent had become invisible, unlikely since this guy was human and such powerful techniques are beyond anyone at this level. Second was that he was moving too fast to be seen, also unlikely, at least not for more than a second without giving into the enormous fatigue it causes. Third was that he had moved out of Ritsuke's field of vision and was going to strike from his blind spot, in this case there's no time to turn around and search, he's going to take advantage of his positioning immediately. The only option is to create distance.

Ritsuke's feet moved forward unnaturally and chi built up in his legs, the movements were perfect for an Abundant Step... or they would have been if the years of muscle memory that should have been there wasn't. Ritsuke did indeed step forward at blinding speed and did indeed evade Matt's drumsticks... but he completely overshot and crashed into a stack of chairs. He picked himself up from the now scattered stack of chairs and winced. It wasn't even two hours ago that he would have blasted through those chairs like so much dust but this new body was weak.

"Impressive, that's some amazing footwork. I've seen professional boxers who'd kill for footwork like that. Shame that I've got some moves of my own or you'd have had me!"

Ritsuke jumps lightly on his feet a few times before stepping forward at superhuman speeds and... botching it up again. This time he judged the distance right but ended up flat footed at the end of it, he was stood completely off balance now in front of the "armed" Matt.

"Crap..."

WC: 295 - 3254
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 am

Matt was completely taken aback. He didn't expect this samurai guy to be so good at...falling into chairs at high speeds. Regardless, he was in a fight, and that meant that he had to win! Matt went to swing his left stick in a downwards diagonal motion across Ritsuke's face, but then lost his grip at the last second, sending the stick flying out of his hand at the last second...!

WC: 72 - TWC: 3326
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 am

(Chairs! Ritsuke's only natural predator! You know what's hillariously fucked up? We're going to leave this fight stronger than Raditz.)

Ritsuke saw the strike coming in down towards his face, he was off balance but he was confident that he just might be able to pull backwards in time to avoid the swing. He leans backwards slightly, he manages to make it just outside the arc of the swing. "Right, he's overextended himself. Now I use this advantage to grab his lowered arm and throw him to the grou-" Ritsuke's planning was interrupted once again, this time by the steel drumstick which flew from Matt's hand and struck Ritsuke right between the eyes.

Ritsuke stepped backwards, clutching his face with one hand as the drumstick span off into the air. [i]"Urgh, did he know I would dodge or is he just that clumsy? No, no there's no way someone's that clumsy and this good at fighting. He's even better than I though,"[i] Ritsuke lowers his hand and smirks, "Clever. I've underestimated you again. I'd better start landing hits or I'm going to look bad."

Ritsuke stepped forward, this time at normal speed and feints with his left fist towards the face. Just before he goes through with the punch he shifts in slightly closer and instead brings his right in for a body blow.

WC: 203 - 3529
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Matt pulled his face out of the way, trying to mock Ritsuke by effortlessly dodging his weak and pathetic blows. Unfortunately, a blow that was neither weak nor pathetic hit him right in the gut, sending saliva all over the Saiyan. Sparky fell to his knees for just a moment, before quickly standing up, and taking a few steps backwards. "You're..." Matt sighed, attempting to appear more fatigued than he was. "You're really good. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, it wasn't very smart to fight a guy with a samurai sword, but..."

Matt leaned against a table for a moment, waiting for Ritsuke's next move.

WC: 106 - TWC: 3635
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Ritsuke waited for Sparky to get to his feet and move back, he tended to treat these fights more like an official boxing match than a real brawl. Hitting opponents whilst they were down or just brutally wailing on people wasn't something he did outside of a truly serious fight. Matt looked pretty fatigued, the guy must lack a warrior's stamina if he's so tired after so few blows... of course a normal man can barely keep fighting after two solid blows to the head but normal men the fighters of this age aren't.

"Hope you've got your second wind, because here I come!" Ritsuke rushes forwards, planning to dodge sideways once he gets in at point blank and bring his fist round in a hook to strike the liver.

WC: 127 - 3762
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Matt wasn't prepared. Any "fights" that he had been in (if you could call them that) devolved into wrestling matches, were friendly brawls with friends, or were broken up by bouncers at shows within seconds. He had no idea that he even had any real fighting skill, he kind of assumed that he was just a scrawny kid who fought other scrawny kids.

That being said, he wasn't a strategic fighter. Scared and in danger, Matt threw out his hands instinctively, to protect his precious cheekbones. A purple ball of pure energy appears in the gap between his hands for a moment, and then disappeared. Matt had no idea what was going on, he had never heard of chi, ki, energy, whatever you want to call it, let alone know how to use it. But then, a fine, sharp spark of electricity shot out of his hands, speeding towards Ritsuke at...well...the speed of lightning!

WC: 156 - 3918
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Reiji finished paying for his food and ordered a pizza to go for his new acquaintance. He left the pizza box on the table and stood, wiping his mouth with a napkin. He stretched a bit and yawned. “Alright, let’s calm these fools down.” He said. Usually, Reiji was reluctant to use his powers in public, but these two were causing too much of a ruckus.

He looked over to the fight and saw the hipster create some kind of electric energy. Reiji knew that it would be dangerous for him to use a technique such as that in such a clustered space of people. He created a dark spear out of thin air between the bolt and the saiyan. It clashed with the hipster lightning and they cancelled each other out, being at the same power.

“That’s enough. I recommend taking this fight away from innocent people.” Reiji said.

WC: 150
TWC: 4068
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Matt had no idea what was going on. He had no idea how he shot...what was that even? Was that lightning? Did he really JUST SHOOT PURPLE LIGHTNING OUT OF HIS HANDS?! Then, this...this GUY shoots a spear out of his hand. A SPEAR.

Man, you should've seen his face. Hilarious.

WC: 57 - 4125
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Ritsuke's mind had been working away as he dashed forwards, if Matt went for a downward strike in order to take advantage of Ritsuke's lower posture then he could easily dodge to the side. The same could be done if Matt brought his legs or knees upwards to strike. Horizontal strikes could be ducked under, placing past Matt's guard and allowing him to tackle the guy with the full force of the dash. What Ritsuke hadn't taken into account was a purple ball of energy. "Damnit I'm in mid stride, I wasn't expecting to have to dodge here. Damnit I keep underestimating this kid and he keeps pulling out new tricks! Looks like I'm going to have to take this head on!"

Purple lightning lanced through the air towards Ritsuke, closing the distance between them at the speed of thought before suddenly colliding with something else Ritsuke wasn't expecting. Reiji had launched a spear of dark energy through the air and perfectly intercepted Matt's attack, cancelling it out and creating a small shockwave of energy as the two attacks detonated. Ritsuke came to a halt a good 20 feet from Matt, Reiji's attack had brought him back to his senses. He looked around at the staring faces of the restaurant goers and the staff who were standing at the back looking very disapproving, but not enough to actually break up the fight.

Ritsuke quickly bowed to the impromptu audience and then turned to face Matt, "I uh... I'm sorry for that... I'm... hung over... or on drugs... I'm hung over on drugs. Yes. That. That explains my behaviour."

WC: 269 (LOL 69!) - 4394
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Matt looked around the room, in a state of shock and panic. Did he...no...he didn't shoot lightning. There was no way. He then realized that half of the restaurant had their phones out, probably already halfway done uploading "hipster fights ninja dude!!! RAW WEST SIDE CITY FOOTAGE!!!!!!! worldstarhiphop.com" to YouTube. Matt shook his fear, and his head, as a sort of way to get back to reality.

"Well...I suppose that's...enough?"

WC: 75 - 4469 (LOL 69!)
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 pm

"Yes umm..." Ritsuke couldn't remember ever being in a situation like this, normally he'd fight till exhaustion and pass out in a ditch or something before waking up the next day. The idea of just sort of... stopping one of these fights wasn't something that he could ever remember doing. This of course wasn't the case, when you've liked 40,000 lifetimes you've always done something like this before. He sometimes considered the fact that he couldn't remember everything that he'd done a blessing, that much memory was too much even for two minds and he was sure that the boredom and repetition would eventually drive him mad.

... still he regretted it at times, those lives had meaning even if they were been and gone. Love, hate, joy, sorrow and all the people he'd met, he felt like he was betraying them by forgetting them. This was nonsense of course, whether or not he remembered it didn't change that it happened but Ritsuke was never a rational man, Even 40,000 lifetimes of experience couldn't chance that.

Ritsuke's face fell for a moment as he considered this, he regained his composure after a moment and returned his attention to Matt. He looked at the young man appraisingly, he was strong even though he didn't look it. "I'm afraid I don't have any money at the moment so I can't make amends with that so... let's just say that when we next meet I owe you a favour."
He walked forwards and held out a gloved hand to shake that of the young man he'd been trying to beat up a few moments earlier.

WC: 269(Seriously?) - 4738
Back to top Go down
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Matt was confused...he'd never been in a real fight before, and this was...weird. Was this what all fights were? Was this an unspoken rule of fighting? Well...throwing purple sparks isn't really a rule, but...anyway!

Sparky weakly shook Ritsuke's hand, a bit scared that he would pull a trick. "Yeah...um...thanks man." He then spun around, and dashed out the door faster than you could say, "He's probably going to cry and write on his Tumblr about how scared he was!"

WC: 87 - 4825
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 am

The chosen of darkness looked around dumbfounded at the amount of damage the two had done. Luckily, Reiji was a bit of a local hero to these people. He had always tried to help anybody he could, no matter how small or large the task. The authorities even knew about him, as he helped catch some criminals on a few rouge jobs he did. He was usually against them though, seeing as he was no longer bullet proof.

Soon, the boss came from the kitchen or office. Hell his office could have been in the kitchen. His eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw the state of his establishment, but soon calmed down after seeing Reiji. “Now, Now, Reiji, don’t go spoiling yourself around here.” He said. “I’ll ask around the authorities. Perhaps they can pay for the damages. As for now, I’d suggest you scramble on out of here.”

Reiji nodded and grabbed the to-go pizza off the table and motioned the saiyan man to follow him out of the restaurant. “Thanks, pops!” He called back to the storeowner.

WC: 183
TWC: 5008
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 am

Ritsuke bowed apologetically to the owner of the store, he knew how much the man appreciated manners... usually. Another quirk between worlds was that while some things remained mostly the same other things would change completely, almost to the extent of becoming complete opposites. Heroes were villains, people built underground instead of constructing upwards and the world was run by women. Often however, things kept relatively consistent if they happened at all. Ritsuke headed out behind the shadow wielder, following closely behind for a while in silence.

"I'm sorry. You showed me kindness and then I proceeded to mess up a restaurant... I could explain but it wouldn't excuse me. My debt to you has increased."

WC: 115 - 5123
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Reiji sighed. “I guess it is I who must apologize, also. I should not have held back my knowledge from you. I know of your people and life style, I have met several in the past and know someone who loves to study things of that nature.” Reiji said, the last part he was referring to Fyuria.

“Perhaps we should try and find the man who fought against you. He seemed pretty shocked after what happened. Perhaps he didn’t know of his powers or he was expecting to use them.” Reiji suggested. It wouldn’t be too hard to find the man, he was dressed pretty strange compared to most citizens.

WC: 110
TWC: 5233
Back to top Go down
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Ritsuke looked a little shocked at the man's comments until he suddenly realized what he actually meant, his armour was Saiyan in design even if some parts of it looked different. It wasn't the kind of detail a person who hadn't studied Saiyan armour designs extensively would know. He smiled a little, it was a good piece of observation even if it was wrong, "I think you misunderstand, I am not quite a Saiyan nor was the... fiasco in there purely down to my Saiyan blood. My circumstances are... unique."

He didn't bother going any further, his past wasn't relevant for the moment and it wasn't something the man was necessarily going to believe. "As for the young man, I feel it would be best if we let him go. If we pursue him it will only serve to cause distress. We should let him come to terms with himself on his own, I have experience in these matters."

WC: 158 - 5391
[We'll end this with your next post, we'll create a second threat later but I want dem DELICIOUS XPS!]
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Reiji sighed and handed Ritsuke the pizza. “I suppose I must say my goodbye then. I’m sorry, but I cannot supply a place for you to sleep. There is some food though; I got it back at the restaurant while you and the hipster were causing all that commotion. I need to run to the store and will be heading home after that.” He paused for a second. “I would suggest trying to find a job and getting some normal clothes.”

Reiji headed off, but threw a hand over his head with a very lazy wave goodbye. “You take care of yourself!” He yelled to the man.

WC: 107
TWC: 5498

5498/3 = 1833 PL Gain Each.
Back to top Go down
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth   Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Accepted.
(5498/3 = 1833 PL Gain Each)

Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Rebirth